Sunday 17 May 2009

Santa Rita Celebrations 2009

The celebration that Cascia dedicates to St. Rita is very articulated because it is made of moments of celebration, spaces for thought and prayer according to a liturgy born almost three hundred years ago. In the name of the Saint, in accordance with the message of peace she has left in the heart of everyone, people from everywhere reaches Cascia to remember this humble woman standing for her faith and determined to promote ideals of peace. A confirmation of the authentic willing of fellowship expressed by all the citizens is in the fact that each year an agreement of sister city is signed with a different European country. From the sister city, a week before the celebration, leaves a torch of athletes representing the city. After hundreds of kilometres and with very long relays, the torch is given to the Mayor on the evening of May 21st in front of the Basilica of Saint Rita. The host Mayor, then, in front of all the pilgrims, switches on the flame of a monumental tripod smbol of the alliance and fellowship between the people. They start with a torchlit procession - which commemorates the Saint's death: thousands of small oil-lamps on buildings and in meadows along the valley of the River Corno are lit at sunset. The following morning a procession sets out from Roccaporena, the birthplace of St Rita, and joins a historical procession at Cascia, which recalls important episodes in the Saint's life. This procession has its origin in the pilgrimages undertaken to pay homage to St Rita.


La festa che Cascia dedica a S.Rita è molto articolata perché composta di momenti celebrativi, spazi di riflessione e preghiera secondo una liturgia nata quasi trecento anni fa. Per i 15 giovedì antecedenti la festa del 22 maggio, si svolgono in diverse ore della giornata, incontri di fede in preparazione della festa. Nel nome della Santa, aderendo al messaggio di pacificazione che ha lasciato nel cuore di ognuno, durante le Celebrazioni Ritiane genti da ogni dove raggiungono Cascia per ricordare quest'umile donna, inamovibile nella sua fede e determinata nel porre ideali di pace. A conferma dell'autentica esigenza di fratellanza espressa da tutti i cittadini, ogni anno viene stretto un gemellaggio con un diverso paese Europeo. Dal comune gemellato, una settimana prima della festa, parte una fiaccola di atleti rappresentanti la città. Dopo centinaia di chilometri e con lunghissime staffette, la fiaccola viene consegnata al Sindaco la sera del 21 maggio di fronte alla Basilica di Santa Rita. Il Sindaco, allora, alla presenza di tutti i pellegrini, accende la fiamma di un monumentale tripode che simboleggia l'alleanza e la fratellanza duratura tra i popoli. Le Celebrazioni Ritiane iniziano con una fiaccolata, che ricorda la morte della santa: al calar del sole vengono accesi migliaia di lumi posti sugli edifici, nelle strade e sui prati lungo la valle del fiume Corno. La mattina successiva da Roccaporena, paese natale di Santa Rita, parte una processione che si unisce a Cascia con un corteo storico, che ricorda episodi della vita della Santa. Il corteo ha origine dai pellegrinaggi che un tempo la popolazione locale faceva per rendere omaggio a Santa Rita.

Periodo Dal 21 Maggio 2009 al 22 Maggio 2009
Frequenza
Annuale
Indirizzo
Piazza Aldo Moro

4 comments:

  1. please god help me i have to pay an amount of rs 25000/- for repair building i dont have money please help me my friends and relative help me in fin and my brother will phone me pl give the job for me and my daughter we are sitting at home i am not getting a job pl pl help us with good salary anbd all benefits

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a privilege to share this miraculous testimony to the world for am Sienna Oscar from England. My husband divorced me 4 months back and i have been filled with remorse for i didn't know what to do to amend issues with my husband. I searched for help on the internet on how i could get help in my marriage and i discovered great testifiers about Doctor Osemu who has been progressive with his spells. I got in touch with him and behold, Doctor Osemu told me that he will prepare a spell for me that will bring back my husband. I was skeptical but i had no other option but to work with him. 2 days after, my husband called me that he's coming back home and from that day till this moment, we have been living peacefully. I will highly recommend Doctor Osemu to anyone out there who needs help whatsoever. Email him via: Doctorokpamenspelltemple@hotmail.com, Call & What's-app him via: +2348135254384 and for more info, here's his Website: http://doctorokpamenpowerfulspelltemple.webs.com OR http://siennaoscar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very grateful to Doctor Omoluyi for bringing back my Husband after 2 years of separation due to pressure from his family and business associate saying that i am not the same country and different believe.. This Joan Robert From Miami Florida. After enough searching and surfing on the internet, I saw a post made by Peter Dashy from Canada referring of how he was helped by Doctor Omoluyi. I also decided to contact the Doctor for help because i was desperate to get back my lovely Husband. I followed all his instructions and he promised me that my husband will get back to me within 12 to 18 hours after he has finished with the preparation of the spell. And now, am finally a complete woman with my man back by my side. To also get your help from this great Doctor Omoluyi, Email: ( Doctoromoluyispelltemple@gmail.com ).

    ReplyDelete